Château d’Aydie, Madiran, Origine 2017

Appellation: Madiran

Region: Southwest

Country: France

Color: Red

Varietal(s): Tannat, Cabernet Franc

About The Producer

The Laplace family estate is called Château d'Aydie ( pronounced "die-dee"). La Review de Vin de France, the best French Wine Journal, says Pierre Laplace and his 4 children form one of the most dynamic and influential families in Madiran. This last decade has been decisive for the estate: reorganization of the vineyard and optimization of extracting and aging methods.

Terroir & Vineyard Practices:

The vines for this cuvee are grown in clay-calcareous slopes with fine gravel. The family believes in sustainable farming.

Tasting Notes

This is Château d'Aydie's very fine, everyday-priced wine called l'Origine made from 70% Tannat and 30% Cabernet Franc. It fills your mouth with rich and round berry flavors.


Each plot and grape are vinified separately. Extraction is completed by racking and pumping over, with a 10-20 day maceration period. One part is aged in tanks (80%) and the rest (20%) is aged in oak barrels for 12 months.


  • 90 points - "Best Buy" - Wine Enthusiast: "This structured wine with ripe tannins and blackberry flavors is balanced while still celebrating its youthful fruitiness. Elegant, ripe and perfumed, it will be ready to drink from 2020."- Roger Voss, Wine Enthusiast